Followers

WELCOME

Welcome to the Order of the Opus Gluei!!!

New challenges every two weeks and open to YOUR interpretation - all art forms are welcome!

Come and play with us!

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Challenge #84 - It's a New Year, Baby

It's a NEW YEAR, BABY.

So show us what's NEW, or something to do with a YEAR, or something to do with a BABY. You know us, we aren't too demanding. Those are the only rules for this week.

*****

Rosemary here:

Best wishes to you and yours for a wonderful, happy and healthy 2011!


It was so wonderful to see all the creations from each of you during the end of December - I still have several to visit and I apologize for the delay.


My project for this theme is going to focus on BABY -  namely, the beautiful baby girl that my friend had back at the end of last year.  I used DCWV Nana's Nursery (the pink pack), Martha Stewart glittering glue and white glitter, Recollections pearls, button from my stash, and the Cricut Wild Card cartridge.    The envelope cuts a pretty scallop at the flap but it needed a little zing so I added pearls (and yes, this one will be hand delivered, I don't want to end up on the Postal Service naughty list)


 
The card was cut at 4-1/2" and it's a great cartridge for all the unique designs it has and because you can cut every element (envelope, frame, liners, and icons) from it, making it virtually foolproof.  (yes, I'm the one they test foolproof on, lol)


*****

Jana here:

Happy New Year to you and yours.
Wishing that this year brings you more happiness and creativity.

I always have a pen and a little notebook in my purse. This year I decided to decorate my own Moleskin. I love those little notebooks, and thought that I would try one out.



 
I used 6 different stamps (and one alphabet set) and as many different colors of ink. Then I used watercolor crayons and a waterbrush (???) to add some much needed color. When I was done, I used workable fixative to seal it all in. I really like the way it ended up. With the exception of the smudged script stamps. But I can live with it. I experimented on the back with blue distress ink. Don't like that at all.  

*****

Now show us what's NEW, or something YEAR-ish, or something to do with a BABY that you've created. And just to throw a little wrench into this challenge, we'd like it to be a NEW project. Usually we don't care, but since the theme is NEW YEARS, BABY, well, you know....

6 comments:

Casii said...

Love both projects! The baby card is well, a doll baby!

And I love Mokeskine notebooks. Always have a stack on hand because I'm notebook nerdy that way. Awesome notebook embellishing!

Electra said...

OK, I'll do something new. Maybe I'll make a new recipe. Or try some new bubble bath. Or knit some tights for the cat. Or, what to do, what to do...

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

Both DT pieces are wonderful, but I do particularly love that notebook :D

Electra said...

Wowzers, look at all the crafty goodness! As always, your samples inspire me, ladies. Thanks for a very fun start to a new Opus year!

Norma said...

Super cute projects!! I'm glad I found your blog through Cricut Diaries. What a fun blog and can't wait to participate on your challenges:) Would love it if you visited my blog:)
Hugs,
Norma

Anonymous said...

The card is such an inspiration ! The baby card is just a darling @@ thank you for sharing with us.
Naush