Followers

WELCOME

Welcome to the Order of the Opus Gluei!!!

New challenges every two weeks and open to YOUR interpretation - all art forms are welcome!

Come and play with us!

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Challenge #86 - Make a Scene

Hello, this week we want you to MAKE A SCENE.

Not the argue loudly with your boyfriend in the middle of a restaurant scene. We want you to MAKE A SCENE in your art project.

*****
Rosemary here - At first I was going to make a collage but then realized I wanted to do something more dimensional sooooo....
The scene I made is a 4" matchbox made with my Cricut using Bags, Tags, and More cartridge.  My little guy is sitting in his nursery enjoying a snack while kitty plays with a yarn ball at his feet!
Actually, I found that cutting the matchbox "lid" (the piece with the window) out at 4-1/4" while the sliding part was cut at 4" allowed for more ease in adjusting.
The other details are: 
  • a wee piece of DCWV Nana's Nursery - Boy was used as wallpaper,
  • Count Your Blessings is Mary Engelbreit chipboard from one of those Michael's $1 boxes of chipboard,
  • the little fella was a piece of free vintage clip art that I adhered to cardstock and fussy cut, (when he was glued at the base it seemed flimsy and so I also added a little bit of cardstock on the back of the image for stability)
  • the kitten is a K&Co chipboard piece from a long ago box of vintage looking chipboard,
  • and the yarn ball is a little red pompom,
  • a piece of plastic to cover the window,
  • buttons from the bottomless pit of buttons I have,
  • and a hint o' baby blue Stickles.
    *****

    Jana here: This week I MADE A SCENE in my art journal. It's a work in progress. I still have to add shading. And journaling, of course, but, I want to "feel it" when I work on my art journal, so I don't want to force it. I might finish it today. Or tomorrow. Or the next. I don't know when. But it will happen.


    Imagination Knight



    I wrote a little bit more about how I got to this SCENE on my blog HERE. If you're interested.

    *****

    Now get out there and MAKE A SCENE.

    (As always, it's a blog hop, so you are welcome to add the code to your post.)


3 comments:

Maria Matter said...

fab creations ladies!

I made a "wish I was there" scene! lol
hugs

Electra said...

Thanks Poobahs for this. Your examples are inspiring and it's great to see new poeple taking part!

Unknown said...

My, gorgeous creations DT girls!