Followers

WELCOME

Welcome to the Order of the Opus Gluei!!!

New challenges every two weeks and open to YOUR interpretation - all art forms are welcome!

Come and play with us!

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Challenge #161 - WEDDINGS!!!

For our challenge this time we are asking you to celebrate 

WEDDINGS

Our dear Poobah Electra has a wedding at the end of July - 
her darling daughter's and so we're celebrating too!
So create with the theme of weddings 
and then share your project with us!

Deena here:  So excited that Electra's daughter is getting married ...and this challenge also worked out perfect for my husband's brother's wedding last weekend....I needed a card for this occasion and I thought this one turned out perfect for them....they had a little backyard wedding here last weekend, but are having a big celebration with her family in Morrocco in October...


Electra here.  Yes, it's true, my baby girl is getting married!  And I get to be the mother of the bride.
Hah!  I even bought a dress. And shoes.  And new underwear.  :-)

Since the big day is yet to come, I've chosen to scrapbook a couple of the daughter and her fiance's engagement photos.  I know, not particularly wedding-y, but appropriate, nonetheless.
credits may be found on my blog


Jana here. Congratulations to Electra and her daughter. Many happy years to them all.
The last wedding I went to was last summer. My adorable nephew got married. For this challenge, I made the happy newlyweds a pillow to match the quilt I made them for their wedding. 




and here's the quilt:




Rosemary here and I love weddings, it is a joy to see young ones (and older ones too) embarking on a great adventure.  I'm so happy for Electra's daughter and wish her a lifetime of love and happiness, as well as the determination to get through the challenges of marriage - it isn't all .   I made table tents for her reception, using my Cricut, cardstock, and stamps!  (and of course, the feather sparkles - have to have that bling)



I also used the colors (a shimmery peacock blue) as the accent for the set of thank you cards I made for her.




The winner of our Giveaway (via random drawing) is

True Random Number Generator  3Powered by RANDOM.ORG
That means that C.G. is our winner for the giveaway box of goodies
(Please email me at freeadvice66 at gmail.com with 
your name and address so I can mail your prize)

HOWEVER, I would like to send a little something to the other participants to say thank you
(so please email me at the above email address so that I can send you a little treat)


You have until the end of Saturday 27 July to join in with your fabulous creation. Add your blog post address to Mr Linky below.
If you would like to join in with a previous challenge we've set (life happens and lateness is absolutely fine, we don't mind a bit) just add your blog post address to Mr Linky below. Please make sure your blog post refers to the previous challenge you are entering so we don't get confused.  
We look forward to visiting you! This is a Blog Hop!

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

Hi,
Not sure I've linked my card properly as the image hasn't shown up but the blog link works
:)
Jeannie
x